Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer this role will report to Procurement Manager. The Senior Buyer is part of the Global Supply Chain Team focused on helping our client to implement procurement strategies and manage its existing and new subcontracts. A key element of this role is to develop and support the management of major and strategic relationships with key subcontractors to ensure subcontractor performance and longer term commitment. The Senior Buyer needs to engage effectively with our clients key stakeholders to identify potential opportunities to compete work in supply chain; preparing procurement plans and managing procurement activities, identifying and implementing performance measurement and managing disputes. The prime location is located at Christchurch, Dorset.
As the Senior Buyer your main responsibilities will involve:
* Managing major and strategic suppliers and strategic relationships
* Identify and manage risks associated with key and major subcontracts
* Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and key suppliers
* Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
* Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
* Assessing the Make vs Buy and provide pay back justifications
* Drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance with our clients policies; insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and ‘flow down’ requirements from customer contracts
* Supporting our clients bid teams to source, manage and secure sub-contracts that meet customer needs and differentiates from its competitors
* Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing.
* Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
* Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
* Ensuring integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export controlled information
* Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to take positive action and accountability.
As the Senior Buyer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experience in strategic supplier relationship management and developing procurement plans.
* Graduate level
* Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, law, strategic procurement or a related discipline
* experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on both simple and complex subcontracts
* Experience in supporting a Bid Team to negotiate and secure sub-contracts on complex support service programmes
* Experience with preparing tender documentation
* Experience with evaluating tender responses
* Experience with project management principles and working as part of a project team
* An advanced knowledge of procurement and contract management principles. An advanced understanding of key contractual principles (e.g. contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
* Understanding of various contract types (Cost-type, Firm / Fixed Price, Fixed Price Incentive Fee, Fixed Price Level of Effort, Time and Material)
* Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognise risk elements in business transactions and develop strategies for mitigating risk
Keywords: Buyer, Procurement, Supply Chain, Bid, tender, Negotiation, buying, purchasing
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Salary: Extremely competitive with excellent benefits