Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
A market leading packaging company is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Hampshire.
Your new company
The aim for the business is to become the UK's number 1 supplier for any and all packaging requirements, across every market sector. All their products are bespoke and manufactured on site in their purpose built production facility. The company produces almost any form of polythene packaging including Shrink Film, Pallet Covers, Polythene Bags, Scaffold Wrap and much more. Despite significant growth over two generations, the original emphasis on customer service has remained their primary objective.
Your new role
As a maintenance engineer you will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. You will use computerised systems to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs. Maintenance engineers are also involved in control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in the maintenance and manufacturing areas. The engineering department that you will work in plays a vital role in the improving line efficiency and development and progress of manufacturing and engineering processes.
* Maintain all production machinery to ensure optimum efficiency.
* Carrying out routine scheduled electrical and mechanical maintenance work and responding to equipment faults.
* Diagnosing breakdown problems effectively and repairing effectively and efficiently.
* Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly.
* Carrying out quality inspections on jobs.
* Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues.
* Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components.
* Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
* Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.
* Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
* Adhering to and improving health and safety policies and procedures.
* Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines.
* Inspect, test and repair electrical items safely and competently.
* Assist in writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
* Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
* Undertake projects for upgrades and installation of new equipment as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills: Problem Solving, Equipment Maintenance, Power Tools, Basic Safety, Technical Understanding, Judgement, Attention to Detail, Job Knowledge.
Minimum of City and Guilds in Engineering Maintenance (or equivalent) as a minimum, HNC/HND would be preferable but not essential.
Fault finding experience.
Electro-mechanical maintenance 17th Edition Electrically Qualified (preferred)
What you'll get in return
Chance to work for one of the fastest growing businesses within this industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.