Customer Team Leader (Store Supervisor)
Location: Fairmile Hotel, 202 Fairmile Road, Christchurch, BH23 2LP
Pay: £9.25 per hour & amazing benefits
Contract: 22 hours per week + regular overtime, part time
Full training given
Working pattern: A mixture of shifts including evenings and weekends to cover the stores opening times. We are happy to discuss your availability at interview.
Being a store supervisor is about more than setting the pace in store. Our stores are a huge part of the community and everything you do will be focused on providing a great service to our customers and members. Whether that’s supporting and training new colleagues or working late evenings to help close the store, every store supervisor can expect to do something different every day.
What you’ll do as a store supervisor:
• be a positive role model to the team
• help train and on-board colleagues
• make sure that the store is safe and secure, performing daily routine checks
• prepare, present and handle all store products (including packaged meat and age-restricted items)
• make sure the shop always looks its best by keeping it clean and tidy
• be a key holder – often helping to open and close the shop
Being a store supervisor would suit people who have:
• great organisational skills
• previous experience of supporting and coordinating team-mates’ activities
• experience in handling and resolving customer queries
• previously built relationships with people from all walks of life
• the ability and vision to help improve store sales
• the flexibility to work a range of shifts to support the opening times of the store
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive rate of pay including an increase after 6 months
• premium rates for any hours worked before 6am or after 10pm and if you work on a public holiday (not including bank holidays)
• flexible working times, as well as regular overtime
• 10% discounts on all food products, including 20% on own brand at payday weekend
• discounts on other Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
Please note that we can only accept candidates aged 18 or over as the role is required to authorise age related sales.
As a convenience retailer, our stores are open for when our customers need us, so we need candidates to be flexible of when they’re willing to work. At interview, we’ll ask you to provide additional times for when you can work during the week, we call this preferred availability and will help make sure our stores are always fully staffed for our customers and members.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 20 minutes to complete this test