Buyer, Dorset, Up to £30,000
A highly specialist and market leading business within the defence sector are expanding their procurement team and looking for a proactive Buyer.
With over 130 years’ experience, this innovative company with a wealth of knowledge in their industry are looking for a driven individual who is looking to progress their career. As their Buyer, you’ll be contributing to the development and consistent engagement with customers and suppliers.
Responsibilities as Buyer:
* Liaising with suppliers and building relationships via telephone and email
* Negotiating with suppliers to ensure cost saving where required
* Supporting bids and project reviews when required
* Processing orders and ensuring orders are placed within agreed timescales
* Ensuring all orders are accurate and compliant
* Sending relevant information and quotations to suppliers
* Updating and maintaining the ERP system
Skills as Buyer:
* 2-3 years procurement experience within a manufacturing environment
* The ability to manage various projects at one time
* Experience using ERP systems
* The ability to build rapport on the phone with customers
* A good knowledge of export compliance
* The ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
Reporting into the Head of Procurement and as a valued member of this close-knit, energetic team of Buyers, this is an opportunity to join a growing, global company who are looking to offer a salary up to £30,000 DOE and a generous benefits package topped our survey for the best benefits package in Dorset.
If you’re ready to utilise your negotiation skills from a manufacturing environment in this unique and forward-thinking business, then please contact Jai Lippitt today