Lead Health And Social Care Assessor
This is an exceptional opportunity for anyone who is passionate about training and development and has a proven track record of leading on key programmes and delivering high quality learning solutions.The role holder will form part of The Learning Enterprise (TLE) which is our learning and development team, providing training provision through face-to-face, online and e-learning programmes. They will be the expert in Health and Social Care apprenticeships, from a care / clinical background and have experience in training and assessment.
Working as part of a team, the role holder will lead on the designing and delivering aspects of a range of programmes and apprenticeships. We are taking a blended approach to learning and using apprenticeships as a new and exciting way to develop colleagues. What we offer will need to be practical and engaging and ultimately enhance the clinical capability within the business.
* Lead on aspects on delivery of the programme including coordination of areas, learners, support teams and most junior assessors
* Preparation of educational material in line with apprenticeship standards/learning outcomes
* Organising and delivering learning opportunities including webinars, learning sets, workshops and masterclasses
* Contribute to on-going development of curriculum design & delivery for the current and new programs
* Assess the suitability of the apprenticeships using interview/skills scan recording the learning objectives which will be used to evidence learning throughout the programme
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the apprenticeship tracker and all documentation related to set up of the apprenticeships to ensure accurate ILR submissions are loaded into the ILR.
* Monitoring attendance and progress of apprentices as they undertake their apprenticeship
* Evaluating and improving the programme as it progresses to ensure we meet external quality standards and deliver outstanding development
* Ensuring compatibility and synergy with other aspects of the Leadership proposition
* Maintain a caseload of approx.30-35 apprentices are supported and prepared for the end point assessment
* Ensure a minimum of 90% of learners achieve their qualification within the allocated timeframe.
* Carry out regular learner visits and evidence teaching, learning and assessment
* Inspire and motivate apprentices and identify any barriers and adapt to their learning needs.
* Effectively engage, build relationships and understand the employers requirements internally and also external employers as appropriate.
* Support and coach learners through their Functional Skills - Maths, English and ICT, as applicable
* Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the role
* Assessor Duties: Undertaking the assessment of assignments and work practice
* Deliver required training to meet the needs of the service from standard portfolios.
* Support the quality assurance process by promoting a completion of register, evaluation of sessions and feedback to TLE for analysis
* Report to the Head of department on key KPIs, progress and successes.
* Relevant professional qualification in Education, Health or Social Care
* Evidence of recent professional development
* Proven track record of developing and facilitating innovative, participative learning solutions
* Supportive team player
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Relevant assessor qualification(s)
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds