We are now recruiting a Buyer on behalf of an international manufacturing engineering company based in Dorset - as Buyer this person will be responsible for the sourcing the correct products and services at the right time and price in line with MRP requirements and approved requests to support the business plan and predicted stock levels.
Maintenance of accurate ERP data, monitor supplier performance and ensure all parts are manufactured as specified and are delivered against agreed requirements.
The post holder will be part of a small team and will be expected to operate in a professional manner and this post will require close liaison with other members of the purchasing team and various other departments within the organisation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Purchasing of components as required and directed in line with requirements generated via the MRP system, ensuring OTIF requirements are fully achieved.
2. Review MRP rescheduling requirements and make informed decisions from outcome.
3. Continually review data and suggest changes to buying & stocking patterns to optimize best practice e.g. improve stock turns, reduce stock, lead time, cost saving etc.
4. Ensure all purchasing activities are completed in a controlled and professional manner in line with the demands of the business
5. Liaising with suppliers to ensure quality, commercial and delivery targets are achieved in keeping with the business requirements.
6. Provide information and support as required to departmental managers and other internal customers which will include but not limited to delivery dates and pricing for products.
7. Proactive expediting of outstanding orders with suppliers to ensure there is no impact on production schedules
8. Assisting in the development of Suppliers in line with the needs of the business and in accordance with the supplier reduction / Rationalisation program.
9. Assist in the reduction of inventory by purchasing parts in an appropriate manner in line with appropriate logistics and inventory replenishment systems with suppliers.
10. Ensure Flow lines are stocked in accordance with production requirements.
11. Visiting of suppliers to establish core strengths and build sound and professional supplier relationships.
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION
1. This role requires experience in a similar purchasing role within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
2. Ideally the job holder will hold or studying for a professional purchasing qualification (CIPS)
3. Good understanding and working knowledge of MRP2 / ERP systems.
4. An understanding of Lean practice and principles.
5. Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Standard business tools (specifically excel)
6. Ability to understand the basic principles Skilled in the reading of an engineering drawings